Ellie & James' DIY outdoor wedding in Northumberland
We've all been there.
You're on the brink of a big decision.
In one direction the path is a little more certain. It's safe. Comfortable. Boring.
In the other direction the future is unknown. It could be dangerous. It will be exciting. It will test you and you're not sure if you're up to the challenge.
When you know, you know.
You regret the things you don't do.
Ellie & James should have no regrets. They did their wedding, their way.
Outdoors in Northumberland, where it started raining in 1973 and has never stopped.
DIY flowers, paper cranes.
The bride's entrance accompanied by a sunglasses wearing ukulele player.
A hand fasting ceremony.
Relaxed. Laid back.
This was a real documentary wedding for me with only a handful of group photos on the beach.
Oh, and did I mention that the bride and groom ended up in the sea?
- Eliza Jane Howell dress from Si Bridal
- Table flowers by Ellie - the bride!
- Bride and bridesmaids flowers by brides mam Kate Clark
- Wedding venue - Potadoodledo, Scremerston
- Band - The Buffalo Skinners
- DJs - Liam, Conrad, Mark (friends of bride and groom)
- Drone operated by Charlie Holmes (Daedalus Drones)
- Cheese Cake by Ryedale Cheeses
- Groomsmen - 'Most Suitable'
- Bridesmaid dresses - Monsoon
If you've fallen in love with Ellie and James and would like see even more awesome photos of them, check out their pre-wedding shoot at Saltwell Park.
You can also watch an ace wedding video of them.
Are you a creative couple doing things your own way, rather than the way tradition dictates? If the answer is ABSO-FLIPPIN-LUTELY then it love to come to your wedding! Kick off the conversation here.